Sustainable Livelihood Program is a community-based capacity building program that seeks to improve the socio-economic status of program participants. It is implemented through the Community-Driven Enterprise Development (CDED) approach, which equips the program participants to actively contribute to production and labor markets by making use of available resources and accessible markets.
Participants of the program are poor households identified by the National Household Targeting System for Poverty Reduction or the NHTS-PR, which identifies who and where the poor are. Priority is given to Pantawid Pamilya Pilipino Program partner beneficiaries.
Participants engage in social preparation and capacity building workshops; after which, they are given the option to take either a Micro-enterprise Development track or an Employment Facilitation track. From their chosen track, the program helps broaden the resource base of participants through relevant trainings and workshops, and linking them to financial institutions and other public and private institutions that will help expand their livelihood assets.
The program aims to enable the participants to manage sustainable micro-enterprises or link them to locally available jobs that will enhance their access to basic social services and improve their standard of living.
- To improve the socio-economic capacity of the participants through a micro-enterprise development and employment facilitation program that shall ultimately provide a sustainable income source
- To facilitate opportunities for micro-enterprise development through social preparation, capacity building and resource provision activities.
- To facilitate the linkage to employment opportunities through social preparation, capacity building and labor-market networking.
- To link the participants to support services and programs of different partners, including but not limited to NGAs, CSOs and private institutions.
- To improve the beneficiaries’ capacity to avail of the products and services of different financing institutions, including but not limited to credit, savings and micro-insurance.
- To promote community involvement and social responsibility among the participants through activities that builds their relationship their community, their co-participants, their families and themselves.