Food supplementation will be in the form of hot meals to be served during break/snack time in the morning session or during break/snack time in the afternoon session to children in Day Care Centers (DCCs).
The feeding program will be managed by parents based on a prepared meal cycle using available indigenous food supplies. Children beneficiaries will be weighed at the start of the feeding and three months thereafter. After the completion of 120 feeding days the improvement and sustenance in their nutritional status will be determined.
- 2-4 year old children in Supervised Neighborhood Play;
- 3-4 year old children enrolled in Day Care Centers; and
- 5-year old children not enrolled in the DepEd pre-schoolchildren but enrolled in Day Care Centers
- To provide augmentation support for the feeding program of children in LGU-managed DCCs/SNP areas and communities using indigenous foods and/or locally produced foods equivalent to 1/3 of Recommended Energy and Nutrient Intake (RENI);
- To improve knowledge, attitude and practices of children, parents and caregivers through intensified nutrition and health education, and
- To improve and sustain the nutritional status of the targeted children.