Butuan City – “ It takes the politics out of the job, everybody is on the same level in the garden.”
Based on the encouragement of the DSWD Field Office Director, Minda B. Brigoli, DSWD Caraga is providing 1×6 meter vegetable plot located in front of the DSWD Field Office for the employees to work on during their breaks and free time.
This gardening opportunity is offered to all DSWD field office workers and staff who will work on voluntarily to cultivate a vegetable garden during free time.
The Project: Greener DSWD Vegetable Garden Contest
The presentation of the Greener DSWD Vegetable Garden will be on May 26, 2014 during the Monday convocation for the Gardening Winners. Winners will receive medals and cash prizes.
The number of entries will be limited to thirty (30) individuals, pairs, or groups in accordance to the number of plots available. Each division of the Department must be well represented.
To join, complete entry form must be filled – out and be submitted to Ms. Rosalie or Ms. Tweetums in the HRDU office.
Greener DSWD Judges
This competition will be judged by the Regional Director, Asst. regional Director for Operations, and Asst. Regional Director for Administration.
The garden will be scored against the following criteria ( which sums to 100 points):
- Best use of space, overall design and appearance (20 points)
- Choice and quality of plants to give potential year– round interest in planting vegetables (20 points)
- Health of plants ( free from pests) ( 20 points)
- Cleanliness and tidiness of the garden (15 points)
- Free from weeds (15 points)
- Evidence of environmentally friendly gardening techniques being practiced(10 points)
Judging will take place in between April 7 – May 16, 2014.